Tjarda advises companies, private equity funds and other investors in a variety of market sectors on domestic and cross-border corporate transactions. He also has extensive expertise in commercial contracting and supervising financing transactions and restructurings. Furthermore, Tjarda regularly advises clients on management participations and equity capital markets transactions.
Before Tjarda joined VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne in Curaçao in February 2018, he was part of the Corporate and M&A team of Amsterdam based law firm Van Doorne for nine years. During his time at Van Doorne, Tjarda already gained some experience working on corporate and financing transactions across the Dutch Caribbean.
Tjarda studied Dutch law at Utrecht University, majoring in corporate law. In 2015 he completed the postgraduate specialist course ‘Mergers & Acquisitions: law, finance and skills’ at the VU Law Academy of the VU University in Amsterdam.
- Advising Hong Kong based Henderson Land Development Company on its equity investment in medical device company Impulse Dynamics.
- Advising Execujet Aviation Group on its acquisition of St. Maarten based fixed-base operator (FBO) TLC Aviation Corporation.
- Advising insurance company Fatum Holding on obtaining a USD 50 mln. loan facility arranged by MCB Curaçao.
Recent transaction experience in the Netherlands
- Advising Deutsche Private Equity on its divestment of the Westfalia Automotive and Terwa group and on its acquisition of international roofing company Erdo.
- Advising Marquard & Bahls subsidiaries Oiltanking and Bomin on several acquisitions and joint ventures in the field of tank storage logistics and bunkering.
- Advising US based pharmaceutical company Charles River Laboratories on several strategic acquisitions, including Brains On-Line and the CRO services division of Galapagos NV.
- Advising mobile parking service provider Yellowbrick on its joint venture with French urban mobility service provider Parkeon