Rogier represents clients in shareholders’ disputes, M&A disputes and international trade disputes. He represents his clients both in court and in arbitration proceedings. Next to his local bar admission, he is registered as an attorney with the Amsterdam Bar as well.
Rogier graduated from Leiden University and joined Simmons & Simmons in 2001. He completed the post-graduate Grotius course on corporate litigation in 2006 and joined VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne in Curaçao in 2012. Rogier is chairman of the Curaçao Bar Association and lecturer private international law at the Dutch Law Firm School and the University of Curaçao (UoC).
Additional positions and memberships
- Dean of the Curaçao Bar Association
- Registered as lawyer with the Amsterdam Bar
- Member of the Association Corporate Litigation
- Lecturer at the Law Firm School
- Lecturer with the Dutch Bar Association
- Representing (liquidators of) account holders of First Curaçao International Bank in matters concerning FCIB’s liquidation and recovery of assets.
- Representing Curaçao Airport Partners in an appeal against eleven car rental companies, to secure that only car rentals that were granted a concession by CAP earlier have unlimited access to Hato Airport in Curaçao.
- Assisting Petrobas in the Dutch Caribbean aspects of the multi-jurisdictional inquiry procedure against the company, in which multiple transactions were investigated.
- Representing the government of the country of Curaçao in the appeal procedure at de Kingdom Council of State, regarding the extension of financial supervision on Curaçao.
- Representing “Stichting Monumentenzorg” (Foundation for the preservation of historic buildings and sites) and Sea Shore Properties N.V., as owners of a large part of the Jan Kok area in Curacao, with regard to the damage to this nature reserve as a result of an oil spill in 2012.