Furthermore, Randolph assists supervisory boards both in disputes and in strategic issues. He also heads our dedicated Suriname Desk. He has specific expertise regarding the Surinamese law and market, and has an extensive network in Suriname. He worked with and for multiple high profile consultants, officials and local lawyers.
Randolph joined VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne as an attorney in 1982 and was appointed partner in 1990. He was a part-time lecturer in international private law at the University of Curaçao (UoC), where he still acts as a guest lecturer. Furthermore, he was Dean of the Curacao Bar Association.
Chambers & Partners has consistently ranked Randolph in the highest category of the Chambers Global ranking since its Dutch Caribbean launch.
Chambers Global 2017 (ranked Band 1): “Randolph van Eps commands great respect in the market, with a practice that encompasses litigation as well as transactional mandates. His work includes advising Foundation Pension Fund Vidanova on its USD 32 million acquisition of a majority stake in SFT Bank. He is the key contact within the firm for Suriname matters.”
Additional positions and memberships
- Supervisory Director of Banco Provincial Overseas N.V.
- Board member of Mongui Maduro Library
- Chairman of the Commission of Grievances of the Curacao Hospital (SEHOS)
- Board member of the foundation for the prevention of cancer (Fundashon Prevenshon)
- Supervisory board member of the Nationale Borg Reinsurance N.V.
- Representing a client in proceedings with the aim to regain control over two Curaçao companies with substantial assets overseas, which companies were ‘hijacked’ by a third party.
- As court-appointed administrator in the moratorium of Tierra del Sol, the Aruban golf and condominium resort.
- Assisting Fatum Holding in obtaining a USD 50 mln. loan at MCB Curaçao.
- Advising Fondo de Valores Inmobiliarios as their legal advisor in relation to corporate issues, real estate and employment regarding the development of Blue Mall in St. Maarten.
- Assisting Pension fund Vidanova with the acquisition of the majority interest of the shares of SFT Bank.
- Advising Refineria di Korsou (Curacao Oil Refinery) as part of a government appointed working group that advises in the ‘Future of the Refinery’ program in Curaçao.
- Assisting Republic Bank in the USD 45.3 mln. acquisition of RBC Royal Bank in Suriname, which included an extensive due diligence covering an onsite and data room review and a complete legal review of bank forms.