Furthermore, Mayesi is involved in legislative processes regularly, such as the drafting of corporate governance legislation. Her activities in maritime law include dispute resolution as well as advising clients on judicial sales, arrests and registrations.
After obtaining her law degree at the Erasmus University in Rotterdam, Mayesi was selected for a traineeship at the Dutch Ministry of Internal Affairs in 2001 and 2002. She joined VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne in 2003, where she became partner in 2012.
Mayesi is actively committed to helping vulnerable groups in society, including children and youngsters. She was Deputy Board Member of the Curaçao CliniClowns Foundation and is responsible for the donation activities and pro bono work of VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne.
Additional positions and memberships
- Member of the Social and Economic Council of Curaçao
- Substitute member of the Supervisory Council for attorneys
- Representing Aqualectra, the Curaçao state-owned utility company, in legal proceedings against the World Trade Center in Curaçao regarding a claim of USD 5.8 million due to unregistered consumption.
- Assisting DVB Bank America NV in the judicial sale of drilling rig Deepsea Metro II that was anchored in Curaçao waters.
- Assisting Guardian Group Fatum as their legal counsel regarding a variety of commercial law areas, such as insurance law, liability, financing and employment.
- Representing Telecomprovider UTS in a dispute with the Curaçao Court of Audit, which was instructed by the Parliament to audit the regulatory and efficiency of the policy in state-owned company UTS.
- Representing the Curaçao government in high-profile administrative court proceedings regarding the rates for the return supply of solar energy.