Kamla advises (international) corporates (private and government owned) in various (regulated) industries, pension funds, social insurance banks, shareholders and management and supervisory boards on a variety of corporate matters.
Kamla started her career in Curaçao and St. Maarten at Law-office Moenir-alam (1997 – 2002) as trial attorney (first and second litigator) in criminal and civil law cases. She continued her career at Lexwell (St. Maarten, 2002 – 2004), where she assisted in the (re)structuring of numerous local investment and finance projects (such as the airport and harbour expansion projects, and various investments of the local utility company) and the (re)structuring and reorganization of various corporate clients. Subsequently, Kamla joined Houthoff Buruma in Amsterdam for six years. She focused on M&A, capital market transactions and regulatory. In 2012, Kamla returned to St. Maarten and joined VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne, where she was appointed partner in 2013.
In addition to her local bar admission, Kamla is admitted to the Amsterdam and New York Bars.
Additional positions and memberships
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the New York Bar Association
- Member of the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- Member of the Dutch Bar Association
- Advising Fondo de Valores Inmobiliarios – the project developer of Blue Mall in St. Maarten – as their legal advisor in relation to corporate issues, real estate and employment.
- Assisting GEBE in the division of shares of the Company, which made the country of St. Maarten the sole shareholder of GEBE and which led to the incorporation of two independent utility companies for Saba and St. Eustatius.
- Assisting pension fund Vidanova with the acquisition of the of the majority interest of the shares of SFT Bank.
- Advising Hong Kong based Henderson Land Development Company on its equity investment in medical device company Impulse Dynamics.
- Advising Execujet Aviation Group on its acquisition of St. Maarten based fixed-base operator TLC Aviation Corporation.