Furthermore, Brechtje advises and represents clients in the field of real estate, intellectual property and insurance. She also regularly assists clients in the aviation industry regarding transactions, registrations and compliance.
Brechtje graduated from Maastricht University and the University of Amsterdam (cum laude) end of 2012. As a student, she spent a year at the Sorbonne in Paris and a semester at Columbia University in New York. Next to the standard curriculum she completed internships at four different law firms and participated in the Honours Programme, the minor procedural law, the Concours Europeen des Droits de l’Homme, the International Client Counseling Competition and the Project ‘Reasonable Doubt’. She joined VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne in Aruba as an attorney in 2013.
Additonal positions and memberships
- (Founder and) board member Young Bar Association Aruba
- (General) board member Aruban Bar Association
- Assisting Export Development Canada and Palma Holding Limited with the acquisition and registration of three aircraft of the Bombardier Q-400 NextGen Series, the lease thereof to Falcon Aviation and the wet lease to Qazaq Air.
- Assisting Hotel management company Barceló Group with the acquisition of Occidental Hotels Management in Aruba, including a due diligence and the drafting of the transaction documentation.
- Assisting Mota-Engil in the tender procedure for the USD 100 mln PPP project for the development of the Watty Vos Boulevard in Aruba. The project comprises the design, construction, financing and maintenance of the 7 kilometer boulevard, including 13 intersections and 2 overpasses.
- Advising NuStar Energy with the restructuring of their corporate governance.
- Assisting pharmaceutical company Gedeon Richter in the purchase of an initial majority stake in Mediplus NV in Curaçao.